Australia has a dynamic immigration program that aims to reduce skills shortages. The Australian Work Visa (Division 457), a temporary visa that allows employers to sponsor overseas workers, is the most common visa offered to foreigners and has also proven to be the most popular visa.
Australian and overseas employers can use this Australian work visa to sponsor a foreign professional for four years. This visa has the further advantage that family members also have the right to work and study during these four years. An added benefit is that once applicants enter the country on this 457 visa, they can enter and leave the country without any restrictions for the duration of their visa. Many people also take help of migration companies such as Australiamigrate so as to complete their visa process without any problem.
Image Source: Google
Requirements for employees:
Foreign workers who apply for this 457 work visa must meet certain requirements such as:
- They must have the qualifications, skills, and experience suitable for their position
- You must have sufficient knowledge of English
- Must be sponsored by a suitable employer
- You must be eligible for all applicable licenses related to your current position
- Adequate health and character requirements are required
Other types of work visas are available for international workers, such as:
- Work and Leisure Visa
- Working holiday visa
- Sponsored training visa
- Professional visa requiring sponsor